Coworking Space vs. Traditional Office: Which Works Better for your Business
The very nature of how work gets done is rapidly changing. With technology quickly advancing, more and more workers are deciding to take on a more flexible way of working on their own terms. This movement away from a traditional office is a step away from the one-size-fits-all design of the usual environment. With collaboration, creativity and productivity on offer, it makes sense why many heads are getting turned at the idea of coworking. So, what exactly are the benefits of the best coworking spaces Sydney that make it so different to the regular, old office space everyone is used to?
Another consideration for your company would be whether you want to embrace networking or eliminate distractions. One of the greatest perks of being in a coworking space isn’t just the financial benefits, but also the fact that you’ll be working alongside professionals from all sorts of industries. Coworking spaces often hold networking and educational events too. This opportunity to collaborate with others is a unique asset for your business, where your colleagues can learn and communicate with others, sparking creativity and ideas that could be essential to the success of your organisation. On the flip side, if your team would prefer a quiet space to get their head down and dig into some work, you might want to question whether coworking is the right move for you.
Firstly, you need to know how long you’re planning to stay in one spot. If you’re planning to avoid long leases, high rents and lengthy contracts, coworking spaces are the perfect alternative. This is because when you’re renting space for your business in a coworking site, you don’t have to worry about overheads like electricity, cleaning, and internet like you would in a traditional office. You also forgo the sunk costs of furniture and technology you’d need for every team member. It allows for a more flexible, minimal commitment situation that would benefit the bottom-line of any business.
Something else to consider would be whether your team thrives in an innovative space. Perhaps they prefer a sense of consistency? If you’re working with people who would rather stick to a cohesive, stable team then coworking would not be ideal. The dynamic should remain established and constant. However, if your organisation is open to everchanging, active workforce. One that can continuously inspire and spark new ways of thinking, then coworking is an option for you. In fact, big companies like Microsoft, IBM and Starbucks, have put their teams in coworking environments. It helps to get workers to think more creatively. Moving away from such a traditional model where conversation is different everyday means workers are more knowledgeable. This is especially about different sectors in the industry. It’s something to consider for your business. Especially if you want to get yourself and your workers out of their comfort zone.
Ultimately, each business has its own individual needs. For us, we believe coworking reigns supreme for a number of reasons. Not only is it more financially friendly for the operations of your business, it offers something no other office can. The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where individuals can be mentally stimulated day in and out can really help your employees grow and learn. It’s the choice that brings countless assets for your business.
At Spacenow, we connect people who have space with those who need it. We’ve discovered and worked with plenty of the best coworking spaces Sydney that will be sure to aid your business in moving forward. Take a look at them all now on Spacenow.com and reap the benefits of coworking!
Content Marketing Intern Position
Do you want to start building a stellar career by contributing to badass creative and strategic ideas and results? As part of Spacenow’s internship program, you will be immersed in the challenging and ever changing world of digital & content marketing. You will be empowered to grow, stretch and show your skills every day you’re in the office. We ask our interns to be persistent, mentally agile, creative, diligent and committed to excellence. Think you’re the perfect fit?
Use your exceptional writing skills to develop content for a variety of different subjects, platforms and audiences. While the role is focused on providing support to our Marketing Manager with content planning and social execution, interns will be asked to leverage their natural talent to craft original, innovative concepts. The ideal candidate enjoys both creative and technical writing, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is detail-oriented—it’s content creation after all!
Spacenow is an online peer-to-peer marketplace where you can rent any space on demand, in a flexible way. The platform connects people who need space with people who have it. Spacenow provides access to under-utilised assets which provides economic, environmental, social and practical benefits to users and hosts.
What you will do
- Assist with copywriting, content scheduling and planning for our social media platforms
- Work with our Marketing Manager to develop engaging and original visual content
- Grow a social community for our brand
- Monitor audience preferences and social media trends & assist with the implementation of new social media strategies
- Writing blog posts
- SEO link-building
- Creating text ads
- Be involved in marketing strategy development and brainstorming
- Assisting with research, which can be anything from sourcing articles, industry, competitors, target audience, influencers or finding research in various categories
- Spreadsheet and data entry tasks
- Be currently studying or have a strong interest in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Business and or Communications
- Some experience in, and be passionate about writing
- Experience using Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin
- Extra points if you have also used Twitter & Pinterest
- The ability to think strategically
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly grammar
- A creative mind, great initiative and a willingness to learn
- The ability to think outside the box and put themselves in the shoes of our customers
- A consistently professional and hardworking manner
- Be able to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Be available 1 day a week for 3 months
What you’ll get out of it
- Digital agility
- Real world experience
- Social media and creative writing skills
- The ability to guide and execute creative social campaigns
- Content marketing and social best practices
- Please note: this position is unpaid. However, the internship can be accredited to relevant study requirements/professional experience programs, with the opportunity to be offered an ongoing paid role for the right candidate.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com