How Remote Working Could Benefit Your Business
Technology has dramatically shaped the way people work. Meetings no longer need to be held in person with video conferences, convenience and efficiency in work is increased with online communication tools, and the ability to share and work on the same documents drives teamwork. Such technology has enabled the streamlining of workflow, making it the first step towards embracing a future way of remote work. We know you might be worried about a few things. What if my employees don’t actually get any work done? Will there be delays in communication? What if having people working remotely disrupts the office dynamic and overall company culture? Well we’re here ease your doubts. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of remote working Sydney and what it could bring to your business.
The biggest concern for employers is often the idea that workers might slack off the minute they choose to remotely work. The good news for you is that research has busted that theory. A study showed that employee productivity actually increases by 77%, and interestingly, that 52% were less likely to take time off if they were working remotely, even when sick. Now that’s one way to have some hard-working employees.
With new and improved tech, it’s never been easier to communicate remotely. There are numerous different types of online platforms to help bridge the physical gap. One of the most popular tools include Slack, which facilitates conversation between team members in channels. Google Drive aids in collaboration between workers and allows for efficiency. There’s also Asana, a web and mobile application that helps organise, track and manage work across the team. Specifically for remote work, TeamViewer also exists. The greatest thing about these services is that they’re all free to use.
Larger talent pool
Being open to remote workers also means you’re opening your business up to unique talent all over the world. Research has also shown that remote work increases employee retention by 10%. With no limits on who you can hire, you can have a larger talent pool that could be key to the success of your organisation, and who’ll remain with you for longer.
Reduce your costs
One of the best perks of having remote employees is that you can save a lot of money. Not only are your savings increased because of better employee productivity, your overhead costs are cut. Having workers outside the office means less money spent on furniture, rent, and other utilities. Even if you have to invest in technology and equipment for your remote workers to have them equipped from home, these overhead costs drastically decrease over time. You’ll be saving as you go.
Remote work empowers your employees. Having flexibility and command over their own workload doesn’t only mean they’ll be more productive, it strengthens trust and guarantees employee satisfaction. With a better work life balance, your workers are going to be less stressed and healthier overall. We can guarantee you’ll have less employees calling up and chucking that sickie on a Monday morning.
We can help
To make sure productivity is at its best, you need the right space. Whether you’re looking to hire a boardroom for an offsite with your whole team, or you’re a remote employee yourself that’s looking for a collaborative coworking space to get work done, Spacenow has a spot for you. With endless options in desk hire, meeting rooms, office spaces and coworking, we have no doubt that we will find the perfect space for you to reap the benefits of remote working . Check remote working Sydney options out now at Spacenow.
Content Marketing Intern Position
Do you want to start building a stellar career by contributing to badass creative and strategic ideas and results? As part of Spacenow’s internship program, you will be immersed in the challenging and ever changing world of digital & content marketing. You will be empowered to grow, stretch and show your skills every day you’re in the office. We ask our interns to be persistent, mentally agile, creative, diligent and committed to excellence. Think you’re the perfect fit?
Use your exceptional writing skills to develop content for a variety of different subjects, platforms and audiences. While the role is focused on providing support to our Marketing Manager with content planning and social execution, interns will be asked to leverage their natural talent to craft original, innovative concepts. The ideal candidate enjoys both creative and technical writing, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is detail-oriented—it’s content creation after all!
Spacenow is an online peer-to-peer marketplace where you can rent any space on demand, in a flexible way. The platform connects people who need space with people who have it. Spacenow provides access to under-utilised assets which provides economic, environmental, social and practical benefits to users and hosts.
What you will do
- Assist with copywriting, content scheduling and planning for our social media platforms
- Work with our Marketing Manager to develop engaging and original visual content
- Grow a social community for our brand
- Monitor audience preferences and social media trends & assist with the implementation of new social media strategies
- Writing blog posts
- SEO link-building
- Creating text ads
- Be involved in marketing strategy development and brainstorming
- Assisting with research, which can be anything from sourcing articles, industry, competitors, target audience, influencers or finding research in various categories
- Spreadsheet and data entry tasks
- Be currently studying or have a strong interest in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Business and or Communications
- Some experience in, and be passionate about writing
- Experience using Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin
- Extra points if you have also used Twitter & Pinterest
- The ability to think strategically
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly grammar
- A creative mind, great initiative and a willingness to learn
- The ability to think outside the box and put themselves in the shoes of our customers
- A consistently professional and hardworking manner
- Be able to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Be available 1 day a week for 3 months
What you’ll get out of it
- Digital agility
- Real world experience
- Social media and creative writing skills
- The ability to guide and execute creative social campaigns
- Content marketing and social best practices
- Please note: this position is unpaid. However, the internship can be accredited to relevant study requirements/professional experience programs, with the opportunity to be offered an ongoing paid role for the right candidate.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org